Friday, October 10, 2008

An Introduction

I must admit, this is all new to me. I have never blogged before. To be honest, not sure in what direction this will head.

I decided to start blogging so I can voice the opinions I have in my head.

Those who know me well say I am a very opinionated and blunt person. I don't see myself that way, but if more than one of my friends are telling me the same thing there must be some validity to it. I guess I have something to say about what I see, what I hear, what I feel and what should just be common sense.

Before I continue, I want to thank a good friend of mine and fellow blogger, Miguel Andujar (www.mrbochin23.wordpress.com). He is one of the reasons why I decided to give this a try. I enjoy reading his blog. I may not agree with everything he has to say, but I look forward to what he writes.

I hope that as you read this you will come to understand how and what I think when it comes to parenting, the world, religion, politics and an array of other subjects I, as my friends say, have an opinion for.

I think of myself a very open minded person on all subjects. On the political side of my life I'm a democrat. I wouldn't exactly call myself a leftist, though. I believe in the right to bear arms, hunting (when it's for consumption, not gaming), having government stay out of my bedroom and the decisions I make as a responsible citizen of this great country.

I base my opinions on what I read on the internet, magazines, newspapers,books and blogs. I watch the news (i.e. CNN, local news, etc), news shows (i.e. Meet the Press, Larry King, etc) and political shows (i.e. Real Time with Bill Maher) on a regular basis.

Most of all I ask a lot of questions.

I have read and been told one of the ways to succeed in life, is to surround yourself with successful people I enjoy picking the brains of those who I do and don't admire. I like to be fair about everything (I've been called very diplomatic in a job review once). At the end of the day, most of what I hope to write about is just from common sense.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and I hope you enjoy what I have to say.

P.S. - Don't hesitate to leave me a comment. If you would like to discuss a subject I have written about in more detail, please contact me. I will be happy to share my thoughts as well as listen to yours.

Always me,
Luis

1 comment:

kenny mena said...

Good for you Lou! !KEep being you..